ATTACKING MIDFIELDER / FORWARD
Felipe is a Brazilian attacking midfielder and forward with a current Brazil passport. In November 2019, he completed his NAIA Division I career with MidAmerica Nazarene University where he scored 11 goals in 12 games from 18 shots on goal.
Prior to MidAmerica Nazarene University Felipe was recruited by Seton Hall University (NCAA Division I). However, eligibility issues regarding his time with Red Bull Brasil Youth Academy kept him off the field for the Pirates.
Felipe joined Reading United AC (USL League II) in 2018 and in 2019 he led the team with eight goals in 12 games (eight regular season and four playoffs) from 17 shots on goal.
In 2020, several USL Championship clubs showed interest in signing Felipe but were unable due to his visa status. Currently, he is in Spain where he has been invited to trial. Felipe is a free agent and ultimately will compete in a league that is at the USL Championship level or above.
"Felipe was extremely effective for us in the #10 role over the past two years. He is very intelligent and quick to pick up the pocket between the backline and midfield. His work rate is excellent and he plays both sides of the ball well. Felipe allowed us to quickly transition from defense to offense and he often created chances for us in the final third after him intercepting the ball. He also grew into a leadership role for us and helped gel the group together - which is not easy to do with players coming from so many different backgrounds and playing together for such a brief time period.
Felipe is very good technically and has the awareness to find the open space off the ball and the work rate that's required at the next level; and more importantly, he has the strong character needed to be successful at the next level too."
- Alan McCann, Head Coach, Reading United AC
- Date of Birth: October 4, 1996
- Birthplace: Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Passport: Brazil
- Currently Based: Caceres, Spain
- Position: Attacking Midfielder / Forward
- Favored Foot: Right
- Height: 5' 9" (175 cm)
- Weight: 170 lbs (77 kg)
- Instinctive with tactical awareness to find space off the ball.
- Superior technical ability that is an advantage in his 1 v 1 play.
- Outstanding finishing ability.
- High work rate and competitiveness is contagious to his teammates.
- Intelligent and reputable moral character.
- Calm demeanor and reliable decision making.
- A knack for making the final pass into the final third and overall remarkable passing accuracy.
- Plays both sides of the ball well and is committed to his defensive responsibilities which often leads to a counter-attack.
- Easily "coachable" and very willing to learn from others.
- Naturally athletic and hardworking.
|2019||MidAmerica Nazarene University||NAIA Division I||12||8||Unavailable|
|2019||Reading United AC||USL League II||12||8||Unavailable|
|2018||MidAmerica Nazarene University||NAIA Division I||18||8||5|
|2018||Reading United AC||USL League II||12||5||3|
|2011-2015||Red Bull Brasil Youth Academy|